So it's currently 6:45am and I'm writing this entry in order to complete my pre-departure checklist. I leave this morning for Venice for what will be a 10 day speed tour through 6 cities! After Venice I venture on to Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome, Berlin, and Prague! But that's later...
Last weekend I met up with Amanda in Paris for a lovely weekend together. Amanda has been studying in London this semester and we both wanted to visit each other, but due to the fact that time flies we never actually made it to each others' cities. We knew we had to meet up together while we were in Europe, so we decided to meet in Paris. Originally Paris was not in my travel itinerary for the rest of my trip, but I am SO glad that I went. After spending the day again on the beach in Barcelona on Friday, I left Saturday morning for the equally beautiful weather in France.
After arriving, I had to quickly get my bearings with the metro so I could meet up with Amanda at the train station. My spanish phone does not work outside the country so it was an interesting experience "just meeting up" with someone in a foreign country without any means of communication. It went pretty smoothly and immediately from the train station we went to the Eiffel Tower. Seeing it was so surreal and I think both of us were pretty shocked at how big it actually was. After dinner, we returned to see the Eiffel Tower at night and it enjoyed equally as much.
On Sunday we had a very eventful day, hitting 3 must-dos of the city. Our first stop was the Louvre where I spent a considerable amount of time convincing the ticket worker that I did not create a fake Catalan ID to get into the Louvre for free and in fact that Barcelona (Catalunya) is the only place they speak Catalan so there's no way that you couldn't know the ID was from there. After successfully winning the battle, me and Amanda ventured the many rooms and of course saw the Mona Lisa. Afterwards we walked towards Notre Dame passing very cute bridges and street bridges. After walking through the church and a little lunch break, Me and Amanda dared to climb the 400 steps to the top of the Notre Dame towers. Following our workout of a climb, we hopped on the train to head to Chateau de Versailles. Although we got there about an hour too late to view the inside of the palace, we still got to wonder around the palace gardens. They were absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Not only was the park huge, but every corner was beautifully kept and lush and full of color. I could have easily spent hours wondering those gardens.
We both left for our perspective cities on Monday and Amanda leaves London for good this Sunday. I can't believe she is already done her program but it made me realize I only have a little over a month left in mine! I will surely enjoy the next 10 days, but I can't wait to get the most out of Barcelona in that short time afterwards.
Until I return from my 10 day journey.... out of a backpack... ahhh!!!
I'm so glad you enjoyed Paris! Can't wait to hear about your spring break =)
ResponderEliminar